Sunday, December 16, 2007

It Was Probably a Poor Choice of Words on Herr's Part

Herr had the girls clean up the basement so that he could teach them how to play a new game, called Elefun, that Ella got for her birthday. Instead of actually going down to the basement to supervise, he did his parenting the Hausfrau way, by barking orders from the first floor. After listening to the girls mess around and laugh for about 15 minutes, Herr shouted down to the basement, "Are you girls jacking around or what?"

"Where's Jack? I wanna play with Jack! Is Jack here?" cried Genna.

"No, Genna, when I say "jacking around," I mean that you and your sister are messing around instead of cleaning up the room like I asked."

"But Daddy," said Genna, "I am not jacking off."

4 comments:

Arwen said...

Jacking off is a natural thing whether it is a child's inability clean up ANYTHING or to masturbate. At least she was jacking off in the basement where no one could see...

Lumpyheadsmom said...

I'm eager to hear what kind of creepy google hits this post produces.

Andie D. said...

Your post had me laughing, but Arwen's comment made me squirt soda out of my NOSE!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...that one came back to bite him in the butt REALLY fast!

http://wordgirl5.typepad.com/apathy_lounge