Well, Kara tagged me to do a meme. I'm doing it, despite the fact that I am quite bitter. Why you ask? Well, she is going here and I will be here. Cleaning my house. Have fun Kara. No, really. I mean it.
Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.
Select five people to play (but only if they want to).
Is there anyone who hasn't done this?
June Cleaver Diaries
Dutch AND Wood
Guess that's six. That is why I don't do math for a living.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago, Herr Hausfrau had been married for just over 2 years and were living la vida loca in Ellicott City, MD. I was thoroughly enjoying my crazy job at a temp agency (oh, the stories). My husband however, was not having the same joy in his work. He had survived three RIFs at W.R. Grace and had enough. He was applying to graduate schools cuz thar's gold in them there PhD's. I was starting to freak out because I knew that we would be moving somewhere in 6 or so months, but I didn't know where. Would he go to Cornell? Pitt? Columbia? Harvard? Michigan? Was he going for a straight PhD or an MD/PhD? Could I find a job to support the two of us? Would we find an apartment that takes cool dogs? GAH!!!
What were you doing one year ago?
One year ago I was 34 weeks pregnant but thought I was 94 weeks pregnant. I was all bitched up and ready to get the baby out. I was probably crying because I was wearing a shirt to work that fit me fine in the first pregnancy but was a belly shirt for the second one. I was also freaking out because I knew that within a couple of weeks of giving birth, we would be putting up our house on the market and moving to Cincinnati so that Herr Hausfrau could start a new job. GAH!! Do you see a trend of freaking out? And moving?
Five snacks you enjoy:
1.Reese's Butter Cups
3.Red Stripe. What? Beer can be a snack!
4.Any type of fried potato product with sour cream or ranch dressing
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
Five? That's it? I have fantasized about being a rock star since I was seven (those of you who know me may now stop laughing). Even though my voice sucks. And I don't play any instruments. Come to think of it, that hasn't stopped a lot of "artists" from singing. That said, my catalogue of songs is quite large.
1. Almost every U2 song up until they sold out completely with Zooropa.
2. "I've Got a Tiger By the Tail" by Buck Owens (No thanks to my father's love of all things Buck Owens)
3. "Heavy Metal Drummer" by Wilco. Actually, I think I know all of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by heart.
4."I'll be You" by The Replacements.
5. "Love Shack" by the B-52s
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
If it were $1M, I would pay off my mother's debt, my sister's debt, pay off my house and save the rest. If it were more, I would
1. Donate a lot
2. Buy an island somewhere and a plane so that my friends could all fly there. I guess I would buy a pilot too since I can't drive a plane. And a house. My island needs a house.
3. Use the airplane I just bought and travel all over the place
4. I'd make sure no one in my family (mother, sister, nephews) went without
5. Make sure my kids got jobs when they were old enough and weren't awful, horrible brats.
Five bad habits:
1. My temper
3. Driving too fast
5. Correcting my husband's grammar
Five things you like doing:
1. Early morning cuddling with my girls in bed before breakfast
2. Reading. I used to be a voracious book reader. Apparently, I am now a voracious blog reader.
4. Vacationing with my friends and spending time with them in general
5. Getting pedicures
Five things you would never wear or buy again:
1. Anything L.A. Gear
2. A perm
3. Gauchos. I just. can't. do it.
4. A Dell computer
5. Blue eye shadow
Five favorite toys:
1. Sirius Satellite Radio
2. My I-Pod
3. My Mac
I don't need anything else.