Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween Trippin'

Baby Girl had QUITE the time participating in trick or treating last night. When she went out last year, she really didn't understand what was going on. I think we told her that she was getting candy for us because we were poor. I know, I am going STRAIGHT to Hell. At this point I am just looking to upgrade my seat. At any rate, she got a lot of booty last year but she only got the coloring book and toothbrush/toothpaste combo. Hubby and I ate all the good stuff and took the dregs to work.

In her day to day life, Baby Girl never got candy until we recently started potty training. She is currently getting one M&M for a pee and 5 for a poo. We started to explain Halloween a few days ago and she understandably got quite excited. We rehearsed what she should be saying when she rang someone's doorbell: "Trick or Treat" as opposed to her orignal choice, "Gimme some candy!" She's really good with "thank you" so we weren't too worried about that.

I had NO IDEA how excited she would get about yesterday. First of all, it was Grandma's birthday, so we had cake for her. Secondly, Baby Girl was going to go trick or treating with her "best friend" Maddie. Thirdly, when Maddie showed up at the door, they were BOTH wearing Princess dresses. It was all Baby Girl could take. Maddie and Baby Girl ran through the neighborhood like squirrels on crack pillaging our respectable neighborhood of all of their confections. When they started to drag a little, they came back to our house where they proceeded to gorge themselves on chocolate and then birthday cake. And then things REALLY got interesting.

I have never witnessed Baby Girl on a sugar high. I have a feeling it might take me the year to recover. Two little girls on a sugar high is not be be believed. I was instantly reminded of the Simpsons episode when Lisa drank the dirty water on the Duff World ride. Lisa's eyes were rolling around in her head as she screamed, "I am the Lizard Queen." My daughter's eyes looked EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. The girls' shrieking continued for well over an hour as they twirled round and round chasing their skirts and imaginery leprechauns and whatever else they were seeing in their sugar trip. Thing came to a crashing halt when Baby Girl took the pen that Maddie was playing with and decided to "draw" on Maddie's face. Unfortunately in her haze, Baby Girl actually gauged Maddie above the eye, drew over her eye and ended at the cheek, leaving two small holes in poor Maddie's face. Party Ovah!!!

The candy is now safely hidden inside our Kitchen Aid stand mixer bowl and the dregs were taken to work this morning. Baby Girl is in a fog and has asked to go back to bed at 10:00 AM. I don't think she actually remembers going trick or treating last night because she hasn't asked for any candy...

7 comments:

kimmyk said...

OOoohh sorry to hear about the pen incident.

Good thing it wasn't a sharpie though, right?

She looks all excited about the cake-so sweet!

Susan said...

Nothing like Baby's First Candy Hangover. Just tell her this is what it will be like in college.

Love the Simpsons reference, by the way.

Jenette said...

Ohmigosh, completely cracked me up. Especially since I now have Lisa Simpson images in my head.

Pinterest Failures said...

Yes Erin (hanging head in shame)--it's a turtleneck... I am an abomination to your craft.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like sugar hangover, good times, good times. Sigh.....

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! I don't know what's funnier....the Lizard Queen reference or the fact that the going rate is "one M&M for a pee and 5 for a poo." I'm going to be saying that to myself all day!

"one M&M for a pee and 5 for a poo"
"one M&M for a pee and 5 for a poo"
"one M&M for a pee and 5 for a poo"

Hahahaha!

The June Cleaver Diaries said...

Now I, too, am singing "Squirrels on Crack (she's cleanin' her crack pipe!) Squirrels on Crack."

Damn Duran Duran.

I'd say I have sympathy for you, but Alex is a huge Sugar Ho, so I'm right there with you.