1. I was born in a van down by the river. Kidding. I was born in a hospital in Indiana.
2. I was born on April 1, 1969.
3. I used to hate being born on April 1 because my friends would play mean tricks on me.
4. My Mom is Jean, My Dad was Arnold, My sister is Michelle.
5. I grew up in a small town in Indiana between South Bend and Chicago.
6. I am adopted.
7. I've always known.
8. My foster parents, Kitty and Chet, tried to adopt me but couldn't because the state felt they were too old.
9. They were my Godparents.
10. While my sister could pass for being blood-related, I did not.
11. I had a lot of problems dealing with my adoption as a youth.
12. I was convinced that Ginger from Gilligan's Island was my real mother (I had VERY red hair) and I would look for her in stores.
13. I grew up in a very strict household.
14. Lots of discipline, lots of chores. Oh, the chores!!
15. My father became disabled at the age of 41 (I was 6) after having a massive heart attack.
16. My father died on February 15, 2001. I think about him every single day.
17. I met my very first friend, Lorrie on the bus on the first day of kindergarten.
18. We are friends to this day and talk every few weeks.
19. I was your typical not-so-popular dork in school.
20. I was the editor of my high school yearbbook.
21. It did nothing to advance my journalism career.
22. It took me almost 7 years to graduate from Indiana University.
23. But I did.
24. I have a dual degree in Journalism and English with a minor in African American Studies.
25. I met my husband in college. His name is Corey.
26. We waited tables in the same Italian restaurant.
27. We have been married since November 23, 1993.
28. I realized I didn't want to be a journalist during my last semester after taking Media Ethics.
29. I went into publishing instead. Briefly.
30. My husband and I have lived in St. Louis, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, suburban New Jersey, Cincinnati, Bethlehem, PA and soon Nashville.
31. We would move back to Pittsburgh in a New York minute.
32. I love beer.
33. I hate clowns. They scare me. Really.
34. I used to love to fly.
35. Now I am frightened to fly.
36. I took two human resources jobs in my past that required 30%-60% travel in the hopes that I would get over my fear.
37. I do, however, suck up my fear if I am going someplace fabulous.
38. I am blessed to have 8 girlfriends to whom I am quite close.
39. I would walk through a burning building for any of them.
40. After a cancer scare in college, one of my college friends located my birth mother.
41. She lived in a town 25 minutes away from where I grew up.
42. I wrote to her about 12 years ago requesting my medical history. She didn't respond until I threatend to show up on her doorstep (not very mature, I know.)
43. I had been told that I was one of several kids but I was given up for adoption.
44. It ended up that my birth mother had three children and kept one.
45. I found the one she kept.
46. She and I have met and she is very cool. We talk about once a week. Her mother doesn't know. Her mother also doesn't know that she knows about the two kids given up.
47. I am a registered Democrat.
48. Everyone else in my family is Republican.
49. I am Episcopalian.
50. I have two daughters.
51. Both of them have my maiden name for the middle names.
52. I love them so much that it aches.
53. Sometimes I will wake them up at night so that I can love on them.
54. I fear of waking up one day and losing everything I have. That's pretty much what happened to my parents when my dad became ill. I guess I am just waiting...
55. I have so many favorite books.
56. I have several favorite movies. It depends on my mood.
57. Nothing makes me happier than being with my family and friends
58. I totally and completely sweat the small stuff.
59. I love coffee.
60. I love sour cream. And potatoes in all forms.
61. I really love shoes.
62. If I weren't on Weight Watchers, I would eat Kraft Macaroni & Cheese everyday.
63. I'm a pretty good cook.
64. I make good Polish food.
65. I have been to France twice.
66. My younger daughter was conceived there.
67. I love New York.
68. I love Maine.
69. I dislike liver and organ meats in general.
70. I still love going to concerts
71. I would like for David Sedaris to be my second gay husband
72. My friend Jen stood in line for several hours (with her 5 kids) at a Wilco show in Portland, Maine so that the band members would sign a onesie for my newborn daughter. It hangs proudly on my daughter's bedroom wall.
73. I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
74. I love to travel.
75. I collect old postcards
76. I also collect china.
77. I sunburn very easily.
78. I was always told I was of Scottish heritage. Since meeting my birth sister, I have discovered I am Irish.
79. I used to smoke.
80. I really miss it sometimes.
81. I got high before I ever drank alcohol.
82. I didn't like getting high as it made me really hungry.
83. I have had a penpal from England since 6th grade. We finally met face-to-face last summer when she came to the States.
84. I love getting pedicures.
85. I am good at keeping secrets.
86. My first name is not easy to pronounce but it isn't foreign.
87. I wish I lived closer to my friends.